Monday, March 24, 2014

My Review on: Lime Crime lip products

Ok, so I know Lime Crime is one of those independent brands that everyone loooves to talk about whether it's raving about their products or talking about their bad publicity. I remember first hearing about the brand from a youtuber I'm subcribed to. I fell in love with the eyeshadows she used from the brand so much that I wanted to get to know more about them. Needless to say, the first things that popped up was all the negative things about the company and the owner herself and so on. Because of it, I was very hesitant about buying anything from them so I held off on doing so completely. But the more I checked out the products on the LC website, the more I grew interested and wanting to try them out. So I figured "Fuck it, I'll try them out once. If something goes wrong this first time, I'll never buy from them again!" 
Needless to say, I ended up falling in love with the brand. Once I forgot about all the rumors and publicity associated with the brand and treated it like something new, I had no problems buying from them. People can say this and that about a brand or owner all they want, but you really won't know if you'll truly hate something until you try it out for yourself. All in all, I'm very glad I tried this brand out. I personally would've been missing out on so much if I had chosen to never buy from them, and I'm happy to say I'm a loyal customer and will continue to buy from them.
For this review, I will be talking about all the Lime Crime lip products that I own. I own all their lip products except for the Pink Velvet velvetine and the Clueless Witch collection velvetines (which I will definitely be purchasing them soon). I will be reviewing the eyeshadow palettes they sell on a separate review otherwise this would be extremely long lol.

Now here are some swatches of the lipsticks, these are all just quick swipes on my bare hand:



Chinchilla is a nice light purple that has a deep gray undertone to it, this is one of my favorite lipsticks to wear

New Yolk City is a bright pastel yellow lipstick. This one can be a little streaky when applied and I do find the color hard to pull off (I'm thinking I just haven't found the right way to wear it yet)

Great Pink Planet is a very light, milky pink color

Mint To Be is (as the name suggests) a very minty pastel green shade, goes great with a neutral eye look

D'Lilac is a light pastel lilac shade. Looks amazing when used with a deep burgandy/purple lip liner in an ombre look

No She Didn't is a shocking bubble gum blue, very lovely blue lipstick



Airborne Unicorn is one of the most popular lipsticks from Lime Crime and I can understand why. It's a beautiful purple lipstick with a blue undertone to it, it's another favorite of mine

Poison Berry is a nice purple/berry shade that has a very, very slight blue iridescence to it, great color for Fall

My Beautiful Rocket is a bright orange lipstick, has more of a yellow undertone rather than red

Serpentina is a goooorgeous deep emerald green lipstick. This is actually one of my favorite lipsticks out of all the brands that I own besides LC. Great for fall, christmas time, etc.! Sadly, it can only be bought on the website during certain holidays (I think they only sell it during October for halloween) so that really sucks and I have to use this lipstick very sparingly

Cosmopop is a light, milky creamsicle orange



Styletto is an amazing matte black lipstick. Out of all the black lipsticks I have ever tried, this is my all time favorite one. Definitely reminds me of a sexy black styletto shoe

Retrofuturist is a bright, classic true red shade. Would be great for pin up looks

Centrifuchsia is a deep, cool toned fuchsia color

Countessa Fluorescent is a bright (almost leans on the neon side) Barbie pink

Coqutte is a light, peachy nude, great for a neutral look


Babette is similar to Coqutte but leans more on the pinky/nude side

Geradium is a very bright coral/pink lipstick, also leans a little towards a neon shade

Glamour 101 is a beautiful deeper, cooler red lipstick. This is one of my favorite reds to wear, looks amazing with a dark eye look


All the lipsticks have very lovely color pay off. I really love the application of the more creamy lipsticks. I do notice that New Yolk City and Styletto do tend to dry out my lips, but that's just me and I also have a bad habit of forgetting to apply a lip balm to soften my lips beforehand. The lipsticks all have a very sweet vanilla cupcake scent and they have a good wear-time to them (they'll still rub off a little if you eat or drink but that happens with nearly all lip products) I would definitely check these lipsticks out if you're looking for a very out there statement making lipstick ^__^

Now for the lip glosses:



Snowsicle is just a normal, clear top coat lip gloss that has lovely iridescent glitter in it (sadly the glitter wouldn't show up on camera but the glitter sparkles in shades of pink, yellow, green and blue)

Hollygram is an emerald green gloss with green glitter sparkle in it

Present is a warm berry gloss with pink glitter sparkle in it

Cherry on Top is a beautiful pinky red gloss with light pink glitter sparkle in it

Candy Apple is a deeper red gloss with red glitter sparkle in it

These glosses are more along the sticky side so I wouldn't recommend these to people who hate sticky lip gloss.They also have the same vanilla cupcake smell as the lipsticks. Some of the shades do have a tendency to settle into fine lines and go on a little bit splotchy, so I usually always wear them with a lip liner similar in color

And lastly, the Velvetines:




Red Velvet is just an amazing deep, cool toned red color. This is one of my favorite red lipsticks of all time! 

Suedeberry is a very bright neon orangey-red color

I really love the Velvetines, I find them very easy to apply and I love the matte finish they leave on the lips once they dry. They do kind of dry out the lips (most matte lipsticks will) so I would recommend putting on a little lip balm and letting it absorb into your lips before putting these on. The wear on these are awesome, barely anything comes off whenever you eat or drink anything! Red Velvet does stain my lips a little whenever I remove it but I don't think it's a bad thing. I really can't wait to purchase Pink Velvet and the Clueless Witch Velvetines soon!


Overall, I really love Lime Crime. If you're at all interested in trying them out but are afraid too because of the rumors behind them, I say forget about that and go for it! I would recommend just buying at least one lipstick that really catches your eye and trying it out for yourself. At least then you can really know if the brand is for you or not! I know they get a lot of comparisons to M.A.C lipsticks, so if you like those, you should definitely try LC out. Hope this review was helpful for you guys and I did buy every single one of these lip products as well so my opinion is 100% my own.

me wearing Airborne Unicorn lipstick:



me wearing Glamour 101 lipstick:



No comments:

Post a Comment