Monday, March 24, 2014

My Review on: Maybelline "The Buffs" lipsticks


For my first review, I thought I'd talk about some drug store lipsticks that I had picked up the past 2 weeks. I had watched a couple of swatch videos on the Maybelline "The Buffs" collection and was really interested in trying them. I don't have very many nude lipsticks and I thought they would be great to pair with my Urban Decay "Naked" palettes and I really liked that most of the shades were very cool toned. There's a total of 10 lipsticks in the collection and I only purchased 5 of them; I felt that certain ones would be way too light for my liking so I didn't pick those up. I did swatch them on my hand and I sadly won't be swatching them on my lips simply because it's 5:30am while I'm typing this lol.
These are the 5 shades that I purchased swatched on my hand:




The swatches I did were just a couple of back and forth swipes on my bare hand; the lipsticks have really nice color pay off and are super creamy! 

Maple Kiss is a lovely warm orangey brown type of nude, it makes me think of maple syrup

Sin-A-Mon is a light brown nude with a very slight mauve undertone to it

Touchable Taupe is a gorgeous cooler brown nude with a grayish/taupe undertone to it, it's my favorite one out of all of them

Untainted Spice is a deeper brown nude that has reddish/pinky undertones to it

Espresso Exposed is a lovely burgandy/brownish nude color (would be lovely during fall or winter)
 
I will say though that Espresso Exposed does have a slight tendency to apply a tad streaky but it's still lovely nonetheless. 

The lipsticks themselves have a very sweet scent to them, to me they smell like vanilla frosting. Some people have said they smell like cheap play-doh but I don't smell that at all. I am also not very picky when it comes to scented lipsticks so the sweet smell doesn't bother me; it makes me hungry more than anything. 
The lipsticks themselves have a very sweet scent to them, to me they smell like vanilla frosting. Some people have said they smell like cheap play-doh but I don't smell that at all. I am also not very picky when it comes to scented lipsticks so the sweet smell doesn't bother me; it makes me hungry more than anything. 
I really like how these lipsticks apply to the lips, as I said, they're super creamy and don't dry out my lips at all. They won't be 100% long lasting though (I don't think they claim to be anyway) with almost all creamy lipsticks, if you eat or drink, they will come off. If you'd want them to stay on longer, I would definitely suggest pairing it with a lip liner similar in color. I find that they don't bleed and don't settle into any lines on my lips; the formula on these are awesome period! 
The only thing I do have to complain about though is the packaging. Whenever you're picking out the colors to purchase them (in stores that is, online it's not a problem) you have to open the lipstick and check to make sure that they haven't been swatched or anything like that. There isn't anything securing the lipstick covers so anybody could just open them up and put them on their hands or mouth. 
These lipsticks are only $7.49 (and sometimes only $5.49 at certain stores) which is not a bad price at all. If you're looking for some lovely, creamy nude lipsticks, I would definitely give these a try! :)


Me wearing the shade Maple Kiss:






A photo of me wearing Sin-A-Mon (with an urban decay naked gloss on top):


























No comments:

Post a Comment