Tuesday, March 25, 2014

My Review on: Urban Decay Naked Lipglosses


For today, I will be writing my thoughts on the (sorta) new Naked lipglosses from Urban Decay. UD has been doing a huge expansion on their Naked line these past few months and I'm really quite liking it! I know a lot of people think it's way too overdone but I don't think you can ever be too overdone when it comes to cosmetics. When I had first seen pictures of the glosses, I knew I just had to have them. The packaging on these is soooo beautiful! Rose gold, the word "Naked" carved into it, the fact that you can see the actual product on the bottom...ugh, it's just so beautiful! I will be talking about the 8 shades that I have, I am sadly only missing the shade "Walk of Shame" but I plan on buying it very soon (can't wait to have the entire collection)! 

Here are some swatches, these were just one quick swipe down my bare hand:



Naked is a very light pinky nude color with tiny pink micro-glitter, adds a lovely sheen to the lips

Lovechild is a very light, milky baby pink. This is one of my favorite shades, it adds the most lovely hint of pink to your lips without looking to overboard, love it!

Streak is a goooorgeous pinky coral color, this is my favorite shade in the entire collection! I've never used coral lip products before, but because of this gloss, it's starting to become a color I'm obsessed with and want to buy more of

Liar is a very dusty, rosey/pink color, would look really nice during the fall season



Freestyle is a very shimmery, brownish gold color. The shimmer in this one looks amazing on the lips

Nooner is a light nude brown with a slight pink undertone to it. This color suits my lips perfectly and is another favorite of mine

Rule 34 is along the same lines as Nooner but it's slightly darker and has more of a mauve-ish undertone to it (gotta love the names of urban decay products lol. they must know the internet)

Beso is a deep, dark mauve/brown. This one to me has the most color pay off compared to the other shades, this is also a favorite of mine in this collection


When it comes to the formula in these glosses, Urban Decay did an amazing job! They don't feel sticky at all and really help to moisturize your lips. They feel more like a thicker lip balm than a lip gloss, it's pretty damn amazing!
Now I have noticed that people have 2 main complaints about these that I'm going to address. The first common complaint I've noticed is the taste/smell of them. Some people have said that they smell like harsh chemicals. I honestly don't get where that comes from. To me, these glosses smell herbally/earthy with a faint minty smell. I don't find the smell to be harsh at all, but I am also not very picky or sensitive to the smells of cosmetics so it doesn't bother me. As for the taste, I haven't found any lip product (unless it's flavored with something) that doesn't have a slight funny taste to it. The glosses to me do taste a bit funny, but nothing that's unbearable or is gonna keep me from wearing them (to me, they taste like really old mint gum). The second common complaint I've seen a lot is the "lacking" pigmentation in the glosses. You would think that a product called "Naked" lipgloss that people would understand what it's meant for but apparently not. I don't mean to sound harsh, but these are not a liquid lipstick or a stain. Because they are a gloss, the pigmentation isn't gonna be "BAM!!" right in your face, and because it's part of the Naked line, it's meant to be a (my lips but better) type of product. There's 9 different shades to match all different kinds of lip colors and finding your perfect nude lip gloss is the whole point of these products (I want all 9 of them because I am a makeup junkie and that's just how I am lol). Plus they're laced with really good moisturizers and help with fine lines in your lips and give them a lovely youth appearance. And because they are a gloss, the wear-time on these isn't gonna be anything crazy like 12 hours or more. I have worn these to work and they usually last me about 3 1/2 hours without me eating or drinking anything which really isn't that bad for a gloss. 
These glosses would go beautifully with the 3 Naked palettes that Urban Decay has and they're great for everyday wear. I seriously love these glosses, I think they're worth every penny. I say that if you're at all interested in buying one of these glosses, I would recommend going to a cosmetics shop that carries UD products and swatching each shade on the back of your hand and finding your perfect nude color. Plus these glosses will make your lips feel so smooth and amazing, I personally have never experienced that from any lip glosses that I have tried. Hope this was helpful guys! ^__^



me wearing the shade Nooner:



me wearing the shade Beso:

No comments:

Post a Comment