Tuesday, March 25, 2014

My Review on: Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette

When it comes to Urban Decay, one of the biggest things that people identify them with is their ever popular Naked palettes. The first Naked palette was geared towards the warm, bronzy side of the neutral spectrum and Naked 2 was geared towards the cool, taupey side of the neutral spectrum. Almost everyone thought that there could be no way possible that you could expand on the neutral range, but boy were we wrong! For this review, I'll be talking about the new(ish) Naked palette from Urban Decay....the Naked 3 woo!


I have to say, when I first heard that there was going to be a Naked 3 palette, I flipped my shit! The thing that separates this palette from the first 2 is that this is geared more towards the rosey/pinky neutral spectrum.This palette comes with 12 eyeshadows to choose from, along with a double-ended brush (which is actually a very good quality brush) and a sampler set of all their eyeshadow primer potions. The packaging on this palette is gorgeous! Urban Decay never ceases to amaze me with their packaging. It's the same kind of plastic casing as the Naked 2, but it has a rippled effect at the top and is rose gold color instead of taupe. I even found the box that it came in lovely, so lovely, I didn't even throw it away! You get a great mix of different textures in here; you have your mattes, satins, shimmers, etc.

Now on to the swatches! These are just a quick swipe down my hand (they are applied over UD's primer potion for the best color payoff):




Trick is a gorgeous pinky/orangey copper shade. I love applying this eyeshadow on top of their eye liner pencil in the color Asphyxia, looks beautiful! 

Buzz is a dusty, shimmery pinky/rose

Limit is a lovely, light, dusty rose toned brown. This is one of my favorite shades in this palette, it goes with my skin tone perfectly and blends out flawlessly

Burnout is a light rosey pink shimmer

Dust is a very pale pink shimmer. This one has the least amount of color payoff and can be a bit powdery when applying it. I find that applying it over a white base (like the NYX jumbo pencil in milk) really helps it to stand out more. It's everyones' least favorite shade in the palette but I like it

Strange is a milky pink-toned beige, this makes an amazing brow bone and inner corner highlight for the eyes



Blackheart is a beautiful deep brown-ish black laced with red micro glitter, this is another favorite shade of mine!

Darkside is a deep, cool-toned taupey brown 

Mugshot is a rosey, grayish bronze

Factory is a pink undertoned rosey brown shade, very pretty as well

Liar is along the same lines as Factory but is a lighter brown that leans more on the light pinky side

Nooner is possibly my favorite shade in the whole palette. It's similar to Limit but is a deeper, dusty rose brown matte. Loooove this color!


I have to say that the mattes in this palette are by far my favorites! They're so buttery and smooth and blend like a dream. All the colors, to me, are gorgeous. As I said, Dust is really the only shade that needs a little more tender loving care, but it's lovely regardless! Urban Decay never fails to give great quality to their eyeshadows. This palette is great for every day looks, date nights, and would even be lovely during those gray, cool winter days. I also found that pairing these shades with a gray liner works beautifully and really brings out the pink/rosey tones in the eyeshadows. 
I know a lot of people have tried to say that the Naked 3 is similar to the Naked 2. I'd have to disagree if I'm being fully honest. The undertones to the shadows are completely different and of course, the color choices are different too.
This is seriously my favorite palette out of the entire Naked collection. It's great for lighter skin tones with pink/rosey undertones to their skin (the other Naked palettes are great as well, but a lot of people with light, pinky undertones found them to be too warm for their skin type). To be honest, I'm really not too sure how well this palette will hold up for darker/warmer skin tones. Only reason I say is because these shades are very light  and pink toned and may not have great color payoff for warmer skin tones. But of course, you can always try it out anyway, and who knows, it might work for you (I'm very pale and I still love using the first Naked palette) :D . 

And for those who are curious, here's a comparison photo between all 3 of the Naked palettes so you can see the color difference:




 From top to bottom: Naked 1, Naked 3, Naked 2 (photo not mine, taken from here ) 

Hope this review was helpful guys!


me wearing the Naked 3 palette:




No comments:

Post a Comment