Tuesday, March 25, 2014

My Review on: Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette

Before I do get into this review guys, I do want to announce something very important: IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO COCOA, PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS PALETTE! ALL THE EYESHADOWS CONTAIN 100% COCOA IN THEM!

For spring 2014, Too Faced has been coming out with a few new products that are heavily inspired by chocolate. For this review, I will be talking about the Chocolate Bar palette: 




The palette has 16 eyeshadows total and also comes with a small little tutorial booklet containing 3 different eye looks you can create with it. 

I just adore the packaging of this palette! It's a tin casing with a magnetic closure and it looks just like a hershey bar, very cute! Also, all the eyeshadows are made with real cocoa powder! I have never in my makeup-wearing life encountered something like that before and I was really excited to try it out when I first heard about it. The palette also has a lovely chocolate smell when you open it....and I hate to admit it, but the shadows actually taste kind of like hot chocolate mix (a friend of mine asked me to taste them lol). 
The only thing I will say that kind of sucks is the little clear plastic film sheet that comes inside with all the names of the eyeshadows on it. The names of the shadows sadly aren't printed anywhere (except for the box which most people don't keep) so I know to a lot of people it's very bothersome. Because the names of the shadows doesn't have a lot of use for me personally, I just leave the sheet inside my makeup drawer. It's not that big of a deal, but I know it's a common complaint and I can understand why.

And now for the swatches, I just swirled my finger a couple of times and did one big swipe down my hand. Now I do have urban decay's primer potion underneath but it's only to show their full color potential:



Triple Fudge is a very deep, dark brown, it's actually the darkest shade in the whole palette. I did notice that this one does apply just a tad bit patchy but it's still a nice color

Black ForestTruffle is dark brown with a plum undertone to it; it also contains some lovely silver and pink micro glitter in it

Milk Chocolate is just a nice warm chocolate brown (kind of does remind me of the color of melted milk chocolate)

White Chocolate is a very light beige color, great for a brow bone highlight. I have heard though that it is a little too yellow toned for people with fair complexions that have pinky undertones so keep that in mind

Gilded Ganache is a dark greenish brown shade with golden shimmer, I really like this color



Candied Violet is a beautiful blue toned purple with pink micro glitter in it, this is another one of my favorites and looks amazing when used on top of Psychedelic Sister eyeliner pencil from Urban Decay

Strawberry Bon Bon is a very, VERY light milky pink. The pinkness, on my skin, sadly doesn't show up that well and looks more white, but I do love putting this color in the inner corners of my eyes

Semi-Sweet is a lovely, deeper milk chocolate brown. It's along the same lines as Milk Chocolate but just a few shades darker

Marzipan is a gorgeous shimmery peachy gold color

Salted Caramel is a light, orange/peachy undertoned brown, works great as a transitioning color. The shade does remind me of the color of caramel  



Champagne Truffle is a very light, shimmery white/gold color, works amazingly as an inner corner highlight

Cherry Cordial is a deep burgundy brown with pink micro glitter. I do kind of wish that this shade was a little more red, but it's still beautiful nonetheless

Haute Chocolate is a shimmery golden brown color

Creme Brulee is shimmery, deep bronzy gold 

Hazelnut is a very warm nutty brown shade (as the name suggests lol)

Amaretto is a coppery brown with a slight red duochrome shift to it


This palette contains a good number of different eyeshadow textures to choose from; in it you have a mix between mattes, satins, and shimmers which is great for creating all kinds of eye looks. 
Some of the shades do apply just a little bit patchy, I found that Triple Fudge and Cherry Cordial were the shades that I had the most difficulty with. But I recommend just taking your time and packing the eyeshadows on instead of swiping them back and forth to get the best color payoff. Also, if you are very sensitive to sweet smells, you might not like this pallete. The smell for me isn't too bothersome but hardly any cosmetic smells bother me. I think this palette would've been awesome to have during the fall for deep, chocolaty neutral looks but I think it's great for spring as well. I really like that they added a few colorful shades in here so the whole palette didn't just consist of brown colors. All in all, I really like this palette, the packaging is adorable and I really like the eyeshadows that come in it. I would definitely say give it a try if you're a big fan of chocolate and makeup ^__^


me wearing the chocolate bar palette:


me wearing the shades Cherry Cordial, Black Forest Truffle, Triple Fudge and Salted Caramel along with some Sugarpill eyeshadows:





No comments:

Post a Comment