Tuesday, March 25, 2014

My Review on: Milani Brilliant Shine Lipgloss Collection

As a lot of makeup addicts know, companies always tend to come out with either new or limited edition products during certain seasons of the year. Both high end and drug store brands have been coming out with a lot of new and exciting products for spring 2014; today I'll be talking about the brand Milani. 
Odd thing is, I have heard so much about this brand from friends and youtubers but never once have tried any of their products. I had seen a favorite youtuber of mine review all their new lip products for spring and fell in love with everything she was talking about. The main thing that really caught my eye were the Brilliant Shine lipglosses. I immediately, as soon as I had the money, went out and bought all 14 shades that came in the lip gloss collection. I will be purchasing all the other lip products available but for today, I'm gonna be talking about the lip glosses



As I said, there are 14 shades in total, and you have a nice mix between cream finishes and shimmers. And the color range is just amazing! There's a color in here for all kinds of people with certain makeup tastes. The packaging is very lovely, the square shape will mean they won't roll around if you decide to put them in a drawer, and the shiny gold cap is very classy (although it does hold finger prints lol)

Now for the swatches, these were just quick swipes on my bare hand:


Nude Touch is a very sheer beigey nude with golden shimmer in it, would look great over a nude lipstick or worn alone 

Luminous is along the same lines as Nude Touch but leans more on the pinky nude side, and has rose gold shimmer in it. Adds a very lovely shine to the lips

Pink Lady is a gorgeous pale hot pink, would be great if you wanted pink on your lips but didn't feel like wearing a lipstick

Sweet Grapefruit actually does remind me of the actual color of grapefruit juice. Very bright pinky orange, great summer color

Coral Crush is a beautiful light coral orange with pink undertones to it, one of my favorites in this collection




Mai-Tai is by far my favorite color in the entire collection. It's a gorgeous, highly pigmented bright orange with beautiful golden shimmer. Love this color

Rose Blush is a dusty pinky/rose color with light silver micro glitter in it, would look amazing if paired with Urban Decay's Naked 3 palette

Ravish Raspberry is a very cool toned reddish magenta, I do think the color is similar to raspberries themselves

Bare Secret is a very milky taupe brown, would look great if worn with silver, taupe, or black eyeshadows

Berry Tempting is a light, sheer blue toned purple. This one will add just a faint berry tint to your lips. Would look great with a deep blue toned purple lip liner or lipstick



Mauve Fetish is a light mauve shade with golden micro glitter

Red My Lips is a very bright, orange undertoned red, would look great in a pin up look. Is also great when you want a red lip but don't feel like wearing a lipstick

Brown Berry is a lovely, warm chocolate brown with red micro glitter in it. This is another favorite shade of mine. I think it would look great if applied on top of Urban Decay's pencil liner in the shade Black Heart (which is a lovely black/brown with red micro glitter in it)

Black Cherry is my second favorite shade in the entire collection. It's a beautiful, deep wine colored red. This one to me has the best color pay off, would be a great shade for fall and winter!


These glosses are great for those who love a gloss that has a stronger color pay off and vast color range. Now these glosses are a bit sticky feeling, but it's not goopy or uncomfortable to wear. Because it is a little sticky, it'll stay on your lips longer. I would say they last a good 4 hours but they will rub off if you eat or drink anything (which is typical with lip products). 
All these glosses have a sweet, vanilla cupcake scent to them so if you're very sensitive to cosmetic smells (or hate cupcakes) you might not like these. I will also say that if you're gonna be buying some in store, please do check and make sure that the tiny plastic sticker on the cap hasn't been torn. Sadly, the glosses don't come inside any packaging so someone could easily open them and put them on their mouth or hand. Please keep that in mind (if you're buying them online then you're all good).
As for the glosses bleeding out into your fine lines, I personally haven't had that problem. But everyone is different and it may happen to some, so the only thing I'd recommend is pairing them with a clear lip liner or a liner similar in color. These glosses are very affordable and they're usually always buy one get one half off in stores. I know you can pick up Milani products at CVS, Wal Greens, and Wal Mart (I think Rite Aid carries them too but we don't have one here in my city). I highly recommend these glosses if you're looking to expand your lip gloss collection! I am unsure if these are permanent or limited to the spring time only but definitely give them a try ^__^

me wearing the shade Mai-Tai (on top of a Loreal lip liner):




No comments:

Post a Comment